On April 19, 2017, i~HD organized its first Hospital Network of Excellence Steering Committee in Brussels. Dipak Kalra initiated the meeting by explaining how the this committee could help to guide i~HD in supporting its network of hospitals to gain best value and learning from their health data. All members agreed on following roles for this Committee:
- advice on establishing and cultivating the i~HD hospital network of excellence,
- support the identification of needs from hospitals, patients and clinical researchers for the trustworthy use and analysis of health data,
- contribute with new initiatives and activities that i~HD should pursue,
- advise on future service needs in the health data landscape,
- advise on topic coverage & speakers for upcoming conferences
Furthermore the Committee discussed the its involment to all ongoing task forces and the annual conference ( a joint event i~HD – EMIF) that takes place in Madrid on 21 and 22 September 2017.
Tony Amato, Tine Lewi, Guiseppe Banfi, John O'Brien, Dipak Kalra, Andrea Jahraus and Geert Thienpont