Office Manager, Project Manager, Web Publisher & CRM with an interest in eHealth (f/m)
RAMIT vzw - Research in Advanced Medical Informatics and Telematics vzw
Office located in Gent, Belgium
RAMIT vzw, a non-profit association established in 1992, with the support of the Ghent University. RAMIT’s main mission is performing and supporting International and National R&D in Medical Informatics and Telematics, nowadays called eHealth. RAMIT has continuously played an active role as a co-ordinator or partner in European Commission and national funded projects. RAMIT’s R&D activities resulted in the creation of spin-offs, scientific associations and a world-wide network.
Job title: Office Manager
Employment type: Full-time or 4/5 of a FTE
Seniority level: 5 years’ experience
- Customer Service
- Information Technology
- Hospital and healthcare
- Information technologies and services
- medical data information science
RAMIT is a founding member of the European Institute for Innovation through Health Data (i~HD), an international non-for-profit association (www.i-hd.eu), also headquartered in Gent.
This vacancy is for an office manager primarily to assist RAMIT in its role in managing the activities of i~HD, and at times to support RAMIT’s other eHealth related activities.
The tasks will include the following.
- i~HD memberships: managing a membership database and member relationships (CRM), supporting outreach and promotional activities.
- Co-ordinating the promotion and delivery of i~HD services: promotion, following up enquiries, customer relationships.
- Supporting the administration of i~HD Task Forces and other initiatives.
- Organising internal and expert group meetings: scheduling, preparation, follow up.
- Organising workshops and conferences, mainly across Europe, including on-site support at those events.
- Maintenance of websites by using a CMS, working with experts on content development, visual enhancement, and overseeing the web site as a whole (ensuring the timeliness of updates, accuracy of content uploads and periodically reviewing its overall content and site visitor impact).
- EU funded project administration: tracking activities and resource utilisation across project partners, compiling statistics, co-ordinating reports.
This position will report to the RAMIT Director who is also the Managing Director of i~HD and is based in the same office Gent.
A Bachelor’s Degree in office management, communication or equivalent level (healthcare, ICT).
Knowledge, skills and experience
Proficiency in English is essential. This is the normal language for internal office communications, all written materials and remote connections with experts.
Excellent skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access) is essential. SharePoint is being used to share documents to support the international collaboration.
Demonstrated experience in handling professional communications such as via email, report writing, analysis of data (e.g. via spreadsheets) will be required.
This post requires capabilities in project management, customer relations and web content management. Proven experience in applying these skills should be provided. Experience with social media, web publishing tools and at least one Content Management System is essential.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multi-stakeholder teams. Experience in international projects or working with international organisations is desirable.
Willingness to travel to meetings, to meet i~HD members and other stakeholders, mainly within Europe.
The post-holder will be expected to accommodate flexibility around peaks in workload, such as when preparing a conference, and in the tasks undertaken, given the evolving nature of this new Institute. He or she will be required to adhere to office policies and to follow defined procedures, whilst adapting to new situations and to demonstrate problem-solving capabilities. He or she should show the ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
In order to fit in a small, dynamic and European team in an exciting and challenging environment, we expect from you as a team member: 100% engagement, flexibility, stress-resistant, self-assessment, team worker , striving for quality, humour and positive thinker.
The successful candidate will:
- have the chance to join one of the leading non-for-profit European institutes facilitating the uses of health data for a better healthcare.
- be involved in pioneering activities, working with multiple health and research stakeholders across Europe
- have a salary package in line with her/his experience in the sector
If you are Interested in this position, please send your CV and covering letter to geert.thienpont-at-ramit.be.
Closing date: 15 February 2019